Monday, January 03, 2005

My knocked-up Minnie (sigh)

It's true. My baby is having babies. I guess there was nobody on the hiking trail last week to karate chop them apart. I know Mickey and Minnie are an item in the wonderful world of Disney... but in Ventucky, they are brother and sister... and so, Mickey is going to be a daddy and an uncle all at the same time. Great.

For my on-going wildlife education, here's some facts about pregnant mice:

  • Diet Supplements: Cheese, Espolac? formula, Sunflower seeds, Fruit, Increased protein/diary
  • Gesstation Period: 21 days
  • Nesting box: Need 2 boxes, 1 for babies and 1 for her to take a "break" in
  • Babies: Up to 12 babies are possible; if there are more babies than nipples, the babies will have to be seperated into two groups and rotated; they should be rotated every 1-2 hours, 3 max; a third nesting box will be needed for the babies rotated out



Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Blogger mike said...

This is my new favorite blog.
Of all time.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home